Guidelines for food
Don't eat food until
- you wear gems in ur hand,
- feed people who are dependent on you,
- feeding your parents and guru, don'
- t eat if without offering food to Gods and
- guests in the house.
- Wash your hands mouth and legs before eating.
- Apply chandana cream on the forehead.
- Wear a garland.
- Eat food facing north and with concentration.
Don't eat food that is served by malign people or by hungry servants. Don't eat in dirty utensils. Don't eat in crowd.
Offer first bite of food to Fire.
Avoid Food that is not purified by Mantras. Food that is served by enemies. Avoid food that creates imbalance in the body.
Don't eat stored food other than meat, ginger, dry, vegetables and fruits. Don't finish foods except curd, honey, water and Ghee. Leave some food.
Don't eat curd in the night. Don't eat sattu without mixing sugar, ghee or curd. Don't eat too much of sattu in the night and after having dinner.
The guidelines mentioned here have scientific reasoning behind them.
Gems have the quality to find out poison in the food. People who serve food in bad mood may not cook food properly so one must not eat food cooked by them.