the seven factors for heath:
- 1. Three upstambh - three pillars of health
- 2. Three types of energies
- 3. Three reasons for ailments
- 4. Three type of ailements
- 5. Three routes of the ailments
- 6. Three types of medicines
1. The three sub-pillars of health
Ahaar - diet
nidra - sleep
brahmacharya - celebacy
if there is a proper combination of these then a man would remain healthy throughout the life without any problems.
The main pillars of health are vata, pitta and kapha. These have sub pillars as ahaar, nidra and brahmacharya.
Ahaar AKA diet is the most important factor for health.
MAlnutrition leads to weakness and ailments. There are three types of food as specified in Bhagwad geeta:
- Satvik and
Leftovers, burnt, dry and foul smell food is tamasik. This creates toxins in the body. Food which is earned through malpractices is also Tamasik.
Nidra AKA sleep
it is very important for the body.
Sleep reduces the fatigue and energizes the body. Those who suffer from insomnia get many types of ailments and problems. The quality of their life decreases.
Many diseases occur in the body because of waking up late in the night.
Brahmacharya AKA celebacy
To protect one's semen is celebacy. It does not mean that sex is comdemned and not allowed.
To control oneself is included in celebacy. Even if you only "think" about sex that also spoils your celebacy.
Those who engage too much into sexual activities they suffer from fever, weakness, asthma and liver diseases.
People who control, live longer and remain in good health.
There are three types of strength:
- sahaja: is the strength which comes from the basic structure of the body. It forms during the gestation period. From the food and naturally. That is sahaja strength.
- Kaalaj: is the strength that depends upon the time of the year. Seasons and climate. A person may feel stronger in winters than in summers. This is explained in detail in the previous chapters of this book.
Apart from seasons, age also comes under this time category of strenth. Strength differs in Childhood, youth and old age.
- YUktikrita: the level of strengths that is induced by diet and exercise is yuktikrita.
By proper diet and exercise the strength of the body increases. Eating less and not working out leads to weakness.
Reasons for diseases:
1. Atiyoga Too much usage of something,
2. Aayoga No usage at all
3. Mithya yoga - using it in a wrong way
- Looking at the sun rays is Atiyoga AKA extremism,
- not looking at anything is voidance OR
- Aayoga and looking at dirty, horrible elements is mithya yoga.
- Hearing loud noise is Atiyoga of the ears,
- not listening to anything is AAyoga,
- listening to harsh, and bad words is mithya yoga.
- smelling sharp smells is ati yoga.
- Not smelling anything is Aayoga,
- smelling foul smells is mithya yoga.
- too much taste of anything is ati yoga,
- not eating for taste is aayoga and
- eating harmful food is mithya yoga.
- Taking bath from too hot or too cold water.
- Applying too much of oil is Ati yoga.
- Not bathing and not applying at all is Aaayoga.
- Applying harmful chemicals on the skin is Mithya yoga.
Sexual pleasure is also related to skin. Too much of sex, no sex and wrong sex leads to diseases.
what you say, think and your attitude of the body is karma.
- Too much of these is Ati Yoga.
- Speaking too much, thinking a lot or engaging into too much exercise is ati yoga
- tellig a lie, speaking at a wrong time, speaking harsh words, abusing is mithya yoga.
Fear, anger, greed, passion etc are the mithya yoga of the intellect or the mind.
walking at uneven road, falling down from somewhere, too much of fasting , sun bath, itching the skin etc are mithya yoga of the body.
in short anything that does not falls into the ati yoga or aayoga category comes in mithya yoga
- too much of heat in summers and cold in winters and rain in monsoon season is ati yoga.
- if there is less of heat in summers or cold in winters or no rain in monsoon is aayoga.
- Mithyoga of kaala would be when there would be rain in winters, heat in winters and coolness in summers.
this way ati yoga, aayoga and mithya yoga are the primary reason for diseases.
If there is a balance in the subject, karma, kaala and body then a man enjoys good health.
Three type of diseases:
note: roga means disease
- Nija roga
these are ailments that are caused due to imbalance in vata, pitta and kapha. Becuase of mithya yoga life style and diet.
- Aagantu roga:
ghosts, poison, air, fire, wound etc are aagantu roga
ghosts here means parasites, bacteria, viral etc. Some animals may cause ailments for example a dog bite leads to problems etc.
A disease may spread along in the society. it is known as an epidemic.
- Mental diseases:
The root cause of mental disease is either not getting the desired thing or getting a thing that you don't like.
Anger, grief, fear, happyness, jealosy, greed, disease and enimosity leads to psychological problems.
A man should try to keep his cool and wisdom even if he suffers from mental disease. ONe must use his knowledge, intellect and dharma and then do any action.
Dharma, artha and kama are the three reason why a person can get happy. One must serve the elders and get guidance and knowledge from them.
Thee routes of the diseases:
- and sandhi sthana
blood, metals and skin are the three routes through a disease may enter the body.
that diseases who comes through mind, heart, abdomen, urinary organs are marma sthana.
There are 107 marm sthana according to ayurveda.
there could be infection and other type of ailments that occur in these body parts.
this is the intestine and stomach. The disease who enter from these portions of the body.
pimples, abscess, acne, black spots on the skin, eczema itching, piles.
paralysis, faint, Tuberclosis, joint pain, headache, heart problems, and urinary tract.
fever, diarrhea, vomit feeling, bloating, coughing, hiccup, constipation, enlargement of spleen swelling, piles etc.
These are some of the examples of various routes of the diseases. But there cannot be hard and fast rule for any route of the diseases. There are always exceptions to these rules. A disease may enter from outside or may form inside as well..
Three types of doctors:
chadamchar is a doctor who does not know a thing.
He is a fake and plays with the life of patients. He does not stay at one place and moves around.
these doctors use name of other good doctors and lure the patients to make money.
For example there may be a famous doctor in one city and a siddh saadhit doctor may use his name in another city and try to earn money from it.
Wise doctor AKA vaidya
A doctor who would accordint to the time, quantity and patient gives a holistic treatment to the patient is Vaidya.
He should be expert in theory as well as practice. He must know where the medicines would become available. he must not choose medical profession for money.
A person who has above said quality is the only true doctor.
In short chadamchar and sidhh saadhit doctors make condition worse of a human being. One must think twice before consulting a doctor. Always visit a doctor who is sure about what he is doing. A doctor who is not using your body for trial and error.
As a patient explain your symptoms properly to the doctor if you don't do that the doctor won't be able to give proper treatment.
Three types of treatment:
mantra, medicine gems , karma, hawana, niyama (following rules), prayshchit (paying for wrong deeds), upwaas (fasting), respecting elders and gurus, pilgrimage etc are daivyapashrya treatment.
There is a lot of importance of mantra treatment according to the vedas. Gems also have the power of eradicating a disease.
a combination of do's and dont's associated with a disease and medicine and proper diet is capable enough to eradicate a disease.
it is about staying away from bad thoughts. Anger, grief, sadness etc.
Three types of medicine:
- Antaha- parimarjan:
which enters in the body and eradicates ailments caused due to ill diet. the medicine that is given from the mouth.
- Bahi parimarjana
massage, steam bath, plaster, pressing the pain point,
- shastra pranidhaan:
breaking it, tearing, cutting, peeling it. taking it off, stitching and jaunk chikitsa.