When a man is tired and all his senses are weak, he feels like sleeping.
Happiness & sadness, strength and weakness, sexual power knowledge and life are all dependent on sleep.
SLeeping during the daytime, or sleeping a lot, or not sleeping at all. These bad habits decrease a person's age.
These habits are like judgement day. (close to death)
But if you follow the guidelines, if you tke proper sleep then you can enjoy a good health like that of a Yogi.
In all seasons you can sleep in the day if
-you are have become tired because of too much of singing, speaking, reading, sexual activity, or walking and lifting weight.
- Those are suffering from indigestion, ailment, asthma, who are thin , mad. - Those are injured
- Those who get tired very soon.
- those who have a habit of sleeping during the day.
- elderly, children and women should also sleep during the day
if you sleep during the day your vata, pitta and kapha gets balanced. Because of that the increased kapha the person becomes stronger and lives longer.
During the summers dryness increases. The breeze is fast. The nights are smaller hence you can sleep during the summers.
Those who are over weight must not sleep during the day in any of the seasons. If you wake up during the night. This will create dryness in the body. Sleeping during the day increases Kapha in the body. If you are taking a small nap then it neither increases dryness and nor kapha.
That's why rising late in the night and sleeping during the day is both harmful for the body.
Those who are suffering from opposite of insomnia who feel like sleeping a lot should do the same things that an obese or over weight man must do.
There are six types of sleeps:
- - tamobhava or tamasik - that comes because of toxins or tamasik elements in tbody.
- - kapha - that comes from kapha elements in the body.
- - Hard work , labour,induced sleep
- - Agantuki - that comes because of seasons.
- - Because of diseases and ailments.
- - Sleep that occurs naturally during the night.