Anupaana - (drink after eating food)
Anupaana is term coined for drinks after eating food.
You must drink anupaana which is opposite as per quality of the food you have eaten. For example
Warm after cool
Sour after sweet.
But should have different metals in it. For example, don't drink milk after eating sour fruits.
Anupaana according to Doshas:
- In Vata doshas oily and warm anupaana is beneficial for health.
- Pitta dosha cool and sweet is good.
- In kapha Dry and warm is beneficial.
- In liver diseases meat soup is beneficial.
- People who fast, walk a lot or speak a lot. Or engage into sexual activity or too much physical labour. For them milk is Amrit (life giving).
- Thin people must drink alcohol to gain weight. TO reduce weight honey is the best remedy.
- Insomnia, lazyness, grief, fear and hard labour people must drink beer to gain energy.
Benefits of Anupaana:
- Anupaana satisfies the body and rejuvenates the senses.
- It gives energy.
- It spreads the food all over the body.
- It losens up the food and helps in digestion.
Water after food:
- People suffering from belching, asthma or cough should not drink water.
- People who sing or speak or think a lot must not drink water after food.
- Water if drunk after eating something reduces the oils of the food and hence makes it undigestable.