Determing the diet
Following activities should be considered for planning out a diet:
- Chara test
The chara test
is about the location or the type of land it is grown/lived.
- Living beings who born in water or marshy lands and eat heavy food are heavy.
- Beings Born in jungle and eat light food are light.
- Legs, head and shoulders are the main part of the body. Shoulder's flesh is heavier than leg, chest is heavier than shoulder and head is the heaviest.
- Poong and lava birds are heavy. Urada lentil, buffalow meat and pork is heavy.
- Body's metal in ascending order of heavyness:
- Blood > flesh > Fat > bone > Bone marrow > Semen
- People who work harder are better than lazy people.
- Male are heavy as compared to female in animals.
- After cooking light foods become heavy and heavy food becomes light after cooing. For example rice itself is heavy but after cooking it becomes light.
- Similarly sattu is light but after cooking it becomes heavy.
Heavyness or lightness of the food also depends upon the quantity. If you eat heavy food in little quantity then it would be light diet. But if you eat light food in more quantity then it would be an heavy diet.
That's why one must always eat light food in limited quantity. And eat heavy food in limited quantity. Never eat heavy food in high quantity.
The amount of food that is to be eaten must be according to the digestive fire.
Strength, health, and life all depends upon the digestive fire. This fire is kept from with the help of food. It becomes weak after long hours or days of fasting.
Considering about heavy or lightness of food is done only for people who are weak or have weak digestive fire. Or those who are young or too old. Or if they are suffering from a disease.
People who have good digestive fire and can digest heavy foods. Who engage into lot of physical labour and activity, for them it is not much important to count the amount of food eaten.
A wise man must consider his digestive fire and accordingly plan his diet in terms of type (heavy or light) and quantity.
A man who always eats beneficial food is always happy and never suffers from health ailments. He can live for 100 years!
Food is life. All karmas of a man are dependent upon the food.